Sunday, September 8, 2019

A Writing Fail



Image result for texting clipart         I can remember a time when engaging in two separate text conversations. One conversation was with my Pastor, and the second was with one of my best friends. At the time I was also sitting at a Cracker Barrel with my in-laws.  At one point I sent my friend a text that read, “We should go on a date, sometime soon, just you and me.” I pressed send, imagining a girl’s day out, shopping and sharing a meal. To my horror, I realized I had just sent my pastor (who is married) this text rather than my friend.  
Image result for texting error clipart          With Murphy’s Law now stacked against me, as I frantically attempted to fix the error, my phone died. I sat there, just staring at my dead phone trying to will it to life. I realized there would be multiple hours before I could correct my mistake. I was mortified!  I tried to choke down my meal, acting sweet and polite to my unknowing in-laws, all the while inwardly chastising myself for my inability to send a text to the right person. Why didn’t I pay more attention? Why couldn’t I follow some attempt at normal table etiquette and not been texting at all? Why didn’t I pay more attention to the battery level on my phone?   
          In the end, I was able to fix my error and explain what had happened. Thankfully the pastor and his wife understood and no one was offended. My friend, when told of the incident laughed and we did end up having a girl’s day out. For future reference though, always check your texts to see that you have everything (including the recipient) correct!

No comments:

Post a Comment