Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Final Reflection


            I still love English and writing. If anything this semester has increased my love for English rather than hindered it. I have learned more than ever that I need to be in the right frame of mind to write though. I would love to figure out how to not be so dependent on my frame of mind in order to pull off well-written pieces. I also wonder if this isn’t just the nature of writing and English.
            I have really enjoyed reading more and improving my vocabulary this semester. One of the ways that my writing has improved, is by seeing the value of authors being clear and concise. This has allowed me the freedom to say things much more clearly, and a lot less flowery. I still like playing with words, but I feel that I am learning to bring creativity and information into a better balance. As I look back on the semester with English 111 I really don’t have a lot of regrets.
            I am looking forward to the day when I get to take English 112! I am hoping that I will take it next fall semester. My personal goals as a writer are to write an article to send into the CVCC magazine, as well as to continue to work on my devotional book and story. I think the best piece I wrote this semester is hopefully, my last one, which is a textual analysis. The reason I feel this way is because I think that it has much more improved writing style.

No comments:

Post a Comment